Installing Sitecore Commerce 8.2.1 is not so straight forward and the module isn`t supported by SIM
You can find the documentation here: Sitecore Commerce 8.2.1 Update 2 Deployment Guide but there are many tricky parts and if you don`t follow the instructions strictly or you want to customize your commerce instance you will have troubles. And unfortunately Sitecore Commerce errors are not so descriptive.
In this post I will list the gotchas that I had during the installation process.
Prefix the application pool identity with “.\”
You must prefix the application pool identity with “.\” for the application pools of the Sitecore instance, Commerce Authoring and Commerce Server services.
You might not notice this note in the instructions but it is really important!
Exception after installing Sitecore.Reference.Storefront.Powered.by.SitecoreCommerce.10.2.65.update package
After installing the last update package called Sitecore.Reference.Storefront.Powered.by.SitecoreCommerce.10.2.65.update you will get an exception.
This is pretty normal as noted in the documentation and most probably you will have to reinstall the package after you update the Commerce Server Profile Schema
The profile web service must have Windows Authentication enabled
The web service called CFSolutionStorefrontsite_ProfilesWebService (one of the commerce services) must have Windows Authentication enabled.
Unfortunately this small requirement is not mentioned in the documentation.
If you receive any errors during or after the installation process you should check:
If the Commerce Services are up and running:
- Open http://localhost:1004/CFSolutionStorefrontsite_ProfilesWebService/ProfilesWebService.asmx and confirm it`s up
- Open http://localhost:1004/CFSolutionStorefrontSite_CatalogWebService/CatalogWebService.asmx and confirm it`s up
If the Commerce Authoring service is up and running:
- Open http://localhost:5000/api/$metadata and verify that you can retrieve metadata
If the user CSFndRuntimeUser has Administration role for the commerce services authorization stores:
- Run azman.msc and open the authorization store xml file located at: “C:\inetpub\wwwroot\CSServices\CFSolutionStorefrontsite_CatalogWebService\CatalogAuthorizationStore.xml”. Verify the user CSFndRuntimeUser has administration privileges
- Run azman.msc and open the authorization store xml file located at: “C:\inetpub\wwwroot\CSServices\CFSolutionStorefrontsite_ProfilesWebService\ProfilesAuthorizationStore.xml”. Verify the user CSFndRuntimeUser has administration privileges
- If the Commerce Services are up and running:
Just before you start installing Sitecore Commerce 8.2.1 watch the installation video: